These tips may be intuitive, but I feel the need to share safety tips again now that I have created The Queen of Craiglist.
- If the item is small insist on meeting at a public place like a cafe
- Do not meet in a secluded place or invite strangers into your home unless you have someone with you
- Be especially careful when buying/selling expensive items
- Tell a friend or family member where you're going or better yet bring someone with you
- If you have a cell phone carry it with you at all times
- Trust your instincts, if something doesn't feel right then leave immediately
(Tips source: Craigslist)
Please be aware of your surroundings at all times. I always bring a friend or my husband with me for safety. They can also help me decide whether the item is worth getting and the extra help to load it into my super cool mini-van (no need to be jealous) is valuable. It's always nice to have a second party opinion.
I bought this sofa for $150 from Craigslist last year and brought my husband to pick it up...
Please Be Safe!